I just had a very fun night. We went to a friend's apartment and read aloud the play Equus, by Peter Schaffer. This activity forced us outside of our comfort zone and proved to be worthwhile. It's good to see some old high school buds -- Chris Haley, Chris Grofsik (I'm probably maiming the spelling of his name), and others came (including a fellow Akins high school teacher of Geoff's, Mike, which was a surprise). Geoff was nervous but ended up enjoying himself and I was so excited at the prospect of reading aloud again -- acting. I had so much fun in high school getting up on stage and feeling things I wouldn't normally feel. I love that rush of becoming someone else for even a moment. Tonight confirmed the fact that even if I have no talent, I love acting. Though the character I read for, Dora Strang, was actually from England, she was an annoying wife type so I gave her a Fran Drescher nasaly accent. This is gonna be a weekly activity; next week we're reading Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Who knows -- maybe we'll turn into an actor's troupe by next year. Good times, noodle salad.
Excuse me, the stiff one-eye?
I think my kitties have snorted a bit of cocaine or perhaps they're on speed. They are going insane all over the apartment.
Good night, bears. Good night, chairs. Good night, stars. Good night, mush. Good night, old lady, who's whispering, "Hush."
No comments:
Post a Comment