Thursday, September 11, 2003

Well, I'm waiting for my next class so... I love to watch people on the bus. We all come in such strange and interesting shapes and sizes. Today there was this short, thick, balding man playing the guitar at one of the stops -- he sounds good. I've seen and heard him there every day that I've been riding the bus and sometimes he holds his Bible and preaches. He seems so kind and is always smiling. He makes me happy to be here.

There was a woman with 80's hairspray hair and she was talking to a man with headphones on. They discovered (I listen in sometimes, too) that they were raised in the same little town in Pennsylvania. They were so excited; their voices and laughter grew louder and louder. When the woman was getting off the bus, she shook his hand with a smile and the appropriate greeting and hopped to the curb. I feel like I'm the only person in the world that got to see the shy little smile she gave the back of his head when she looked back at the bus window. Noticing things like that make me happy to be here, too.

Oh, happy day.

No comments: