Bus episode #43:
Today I spoke with two twenty-somethings on the bus. They were wearing white dress shirts, black pants, ties, and a black name tag that said... give up? Elder ______ and Elder _______. I remember their names, I'd just like to keep it anonymous. So, the two young mormans asked me the usual questions, "Do you read the Bible?" "Do you read the book of morman?" "Do you want a free video?" But I turned the conversation to their lives quickly because I was interested in what it's like to have your 2-year mission in Texas instead of some spiffy place like Costa Rica or Africa. They pretended that they were excited about being here, but I could tell that they wanted a better assignment. One of the guys was especially nice to me, the other was cocky and prying. The guy who was nice -- we'll call him Elder Provo -- was interested in becoming a nurse. He laughed hysterically when I mentioned the secret morman tradition of the Senior high school guys choosing Sophomore high school girls as their girlfriends so that the girls would be graduating and ready to get married and make babies when the boys came back from their mission. Elder Provo did not seem convinced that he was right about what he believed -- he kept telling me that I had to pray to God for him to tell me if what I believed was right or not. Right? I was very confused by his nature and I wish I could have talked to him more. I didn't think that inviting one over and not the other would be appropriate, so Elder Provo will have to wonder about and wander around on his own for the truth. I hope he finds it.
In other news, I'm taking the GRE next Wednesday. Wish me luck, antonym knowledge, and 9th grade math skills. Dang it, I should have taken Algebra 1A and 1B in high school! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment