Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I'm baaack

This morning is filled with orange marmalade on a toasted English muffin and grapefruit juice. It's also filled with thoughts of the horrible nightmare I had last night about one of the kids that we love so much, Aaron. I dreamt that we were camping and somehow he spilled gasoline all over himself and on the way to the stream to wash it off, someone started a car while he was right near the engine and he died. It was soooo sad. I hate dreams like that. Blech.

And now for something completely different...

We have bid on a little house through the Teacher Next Door Program which allows us to pay HALF PRICE for houses that are in "revitalization areas," which basically means the houses and neighborhoods are a little run down. No biggie, especially since we feel more comfortable in a revitalization neighborhood anyway. We find out tomorrow if we got it -- there's a lottery, literally, they pull your name out of a hat to see who gets the house. There are a lot of teachers and police officers that might be bidding on the house, but I really hope we get it. We would be paying less than we are now at our apartment and after living there for three years, we can sell it for twice the amount we bought it for! No more student loans, baby. Oh yeah. I'll let you know if we win the poker game tomorrow.

No comments: