Lots O Friends
This weekend was fun. We got to hang with lots of friends. Today we're supposed to go look at a house that we might bid on and have "breakfast" with Jonathan, although it's turning into brunch or lunch. We've started going to a church called Mosaic and it's pretty cool. (See link on right toolbar -- Good Stuff.) They meet on Sunday nights, so it's nice to sleep in on Sunday morning. Real nice. I played a little Dr. Mario to get me started this morning. I won.
I was thinking, I'm a little too sensitive sometimes, as far as my own self-image goes. Jokes made at my expense are usually pretty funny, but I can't lie that they hurt my feelings a lot. And I get so defensive on the inside, but I just pretend it's ok on the outside. I laugh along with the people laughing at me, but it feels yucky. I dunno. I think I place too much of my Stephanie-ness on what other people think of me. It's something I've struggled with my whole life and I'm sure it will continue. I have to relax and have a sense of humor about my downfalls and laugh along on the outside and inside. There's my confession for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment