No lights on in the apartment. It's dark at 5:42. I woke up from a half-sleep thinking of these words -- Day of Dialogue. I think it's the inspiration for my next short story. Here are a few of the real life dialogues I would like to include.
"I heard it's supposed to be terrible," said Woman.
"I loved it!" Girl's eyes lit up.
"Yeah, but you like weird movies." Woman was not impressed.
Girl continued just to hear herself defend, "... so smart, funny, almost too smart, you know?" To another woman, Girl whispered, "Go see it anyway."
---------------------------------
"You going?"
"Nah. Gotta work."
"Sucks."
"Yep."
"See ya."
"Whatever."
----------------------------------
"They met him last night."
"Woah."
"We're not exclusive."
"Are you talking?"
"Yeah. Wait, how do you know that term?"
"What?"
"You know, 'talking.'"
"I was a teenager not long ago, missy. We didn't 'go steady' or 'get pinned,' thank you very much. We talked."
"HAA!"
"Shut up."
-----------------------------------
"I want to be for something."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm against so many things. I need something to be for."
No comments:
Post a Comment