Friday, March 04, 2005

Kendra's Questions

So Jonathan started this interview thing and now Kendra is interviewing me. The first 5 people to comment on my blog will be interviewed by me and then they'll answer on their blogs. Make sense? Here are Kendra's Questions for me...

1. What do you recall about the day you found out you were pregnant?
The most poigniant moment of the day was when I told Geoff and his eyes got huge and he slowly back up toward the couch and assumed the fetal position without a word. I kept saying, "Are you happy? Are you shocked? What are you? Geoff? Geoff?!" He didn't say anything for a long time but he had a pseudo-smile on his face. I was so ecstatic I couldn't contain myself. We hugged for a really long time and even though we weren't ready, I knew we still wouldn't be in nine months. Haa! And here we are...
2. What program are you studying in and what kinds of things are you learning?
I'm at the University of Texas' School of Nursing. First I'll get my RN in August and then my Masters in Public Health 2 years after that. Right now, believe it or not, I am learning all about childbearing and childrearing in my Labor and Delivery/Maternity rotations. I've seen three births so far -- two C-sections and one vaginal. Haa! I got to say vaginal on my blog. I'm learning about the effects of drugs on babies, the size of the uterus after birth, the normal and abnormal findings on a newborn, breastfeeding, etc. But mostly I'm learning about myself and what kind of person I am -- how I relate to people and how to be a good nurse. It's a lot of hard work but very rewarding.
3. What is something odd that you save?
I save little scraps of paper that others would throw away. Hey, I'm gonna use them someday! I will! Shut up.
4. What kind of political rants do you get fired up about?
I get fired up about the death penalty, anything involving George W. Bush, the environment, violence, America, issues of sexuality, race, gender -- oh, you name it, I get fired up.
5. What musician do you find to have the sexiest voice?
Beck in the song, "Milk and Honey." Ohhhh yeah.

No comments: