Tuesday, August 23, 2005

No Cheese?!

I'm bummed. I have to cut all dairy and soy from my diet until Adeline is one year old (or not breastfeeding anymore) because she is having problems and the doctor thinks it's possibly an early sign of her being lactose intolerant. It will probably help me lose weight, but NO CHEESE?! Are you kidding me? It's going to be rough. Here are a few of the things I will miss...

Laughing cow cheese
Ice cream
Chocolate
Cream cheese
Milk
Chocolate milk
Soy milk
Chocolate soy milk
Sour cream
Shredded monterey jack cheese
String cheese
Promise Land vanilla milk

You get the idea. I should be thankful for the food I do get to eat, but right now I feel like sulking a bit. Indulge me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No cheese would be the death of me.

Michelle said...

I, too, would lament and mourn if I had to give up cheese. Some advice though if you have a milk-like craving...try some Rice or Almond Milk, yummm...they go good in green tea.

morgan said...

i feel your pain. i've had to cut the cheese (haha) lately myself. we mourn the cheese block together.

Caroline said...

The same thing happened with me and Mahna. But they said I could drink soy milk (yik). I thought I would lose weight too but I just made up for it in other areas. I really missed Ice Cream. Don't worry it will be over before you know it. Breastfeeding is quite a job isn't it...... :)

Anonymous said...

No dairy? Wow... You are my hero. Years from now when you tell Addy the epic sacrifice you made for her, she will surely be moved to tears. Any woman who loves her baby enough to give up chocolate is the best mother I've ever known. Stay strong, sister friend! You rock.