I'm going to try to organize a group of nursing students at UT to go down to Louisiana this weekend and help out. We could surely be of assistance to the Red Cross. But then again, am I being overzealous? Should I just donate money to the Red Cross? I feel like this is one of those times where the combination of my spontaneity and take-charge-ness are a good thing. Oh well. I've already emailed the whole group of students. I guess I'll see what comes of it. I'll let you know. If we do get organized and you want to help our little group financially, my email is stephkrall@yahoo.com.
Thanks.
4 comments:
perhaps overzealous. do you have any connections with anyone down there? plan or no plan, the experience is worth the trip...don't you think?
i think we might go to houston instead to help out with the refugees in the astrodome. it's a little more realistic and closer. besides, geoff said the mayor or governor said for people out-of-state wanting to help to stay away for a little while, donating money instead. i've got family in houston too. our only connection in LA is geoff's brother, and he lives in a small apartment in baton rouge. hopefully we can do something.
steph, i admire the combination of your gusto and compassion. perhaps it is wiser to go to houston, but i like the way you think. dream first...be realistic later. amelia
good luck! great idea!!!! hope it works.
Post a Comment