Peace on earth.
I wish it could be so. I truly believe that the little girl in the white dress holding a flower in a room full of angry men holding guns could weild an entirely different outcome (this is my own analogy that I've used a number of times when trying to explain why I believe so wholeheartedly that violence cannot possibly be the answer). And I find it hard to forget the fact that Jesus was supposed to hold a hostile takeover with machine guns and madmen in bitchin war sandals but instead talked about love, the kingdom of God, getting slapped in the face more than once and then praying for your enemies.
So here's the thing about "world peace."
As long as people are full of pride and greed and selfishness, it ain't happenin'.
And that makes me sad.
People are hopelessly hopeful and madly in love with the idea of peace in order to balance out the people that believe true peace can never happen.
And I think I am both of those people.
1 comment:
well, theres always the true peace that Christ brings with him after the tribulation. Cheer up, with the way the world looks now, He's on his way.
Post a Comment