Despite the fact that no one (critic-wise) seems to really like Wally Lamb's I Know This Much is True, mainly because it was endorsed by the blessed/cursed "Oprah's Book Club" stamp of approval and instant cashflow insurance, I laughed, cried, and couldn't put this book down before 3 or 4 am each night.
Granted, it is almost 900 pages long and I have chronic insomnia; not for the dabbling reader. I read his first book, She's Come Undone, and that was good enough to hook me into another. I'm usually unsure about books that say Oprah on them, but my writing professor in college's friend Brett Lott got his big break because of her and he had street cred before the gazillionaire TV show host endorsed his work. All that to say, "Hey, check out this book or at least this author."
Ever since my mother's little sister committed suicide in 2000, I've had a love/hate relationship with anything related to paranoid schitzophrenia, her unfortunate affliction. She lived with us at the height of her illness and paranoia. This is a story about twin brothers; one is schitzophrenic and at the height of his illness, one is not. The uncrazy twin narrator is lovable and flawed. The people in his life and interesting and mysterious.
Yes, it's long. Yes, it's painful. I'm glad I read it.
6 comments:
I started reading it while I was pregnant. That was a bad idea, so I stopped reading it.
"she's come undone" is my favorite book ever. i've read it more times than i can count, and can open it up at any page and begin reading, knowing exactly where i am. with such unflinching enthusiasm for one book, i tried to keep modest expectations for lamb's second. however, when "i know..." failed to grab my attention the same way "undone" had after the first chapter, i cast it aside and went back to my old faithful. that was several years ago, and i think i may be ready to give it another chance.
i'm about halfway through it and finding it hard to finish as i know the ending all too sadly in my heart, but it is a bit of an insight into the places we never wanted to go but probably should have for sis. not too much was known about her treatment and this book is scary in that regard, but the plot thinkens as good brother hangs in there on behalf of the one gone from sight. in all cases, i know that out of sight is never out of mind. it is the most haunting of diseases. nat the mama
Hello
Here is some pills-info links
/////////////////////////////
naprosyn
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
naproxen
nasacort
==================================
nexium
--------------------------------------------------
N
nizoral
==================================
ortho
paroxetine
/////////////////////////////
P
--------------------------------------------------
penlac
percocet
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
phendimetrazine
phentermine
prevacid
/////////////////////////////
prilosec
propecia
protopic
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
prozac
pyrethrin
ranitidine
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
remeron
retin
rozerem
seasonale
/////////////////////////////
O
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
sibutramine
singulair
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
skelaxin
soma
==================================
synalar
tamiflu
tetracycline
T
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
tramadol
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
cymbalta
/////////////////////////////
PPS
If I'll find something else, I'll post it here ))
Do you think it's helpful?
Hello
Here you can find lots of information about pills.
tretinoin
triphasil
==================================
ultracet
ultram
valium
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
V
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
valtrex
vaniqa
vermox
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
viagra
vicodin
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
watson
--------------------------------------------------
wellbutrin
xanax
yasmin
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
zanaflex
zelnorm
==================================
zithromax
zocor
zoloft
/////////////////////////////
zovirax
zyban
Z
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
zyloprim
zyrtec
==================================
/////////////////////////////
PS
It would be interesting, if you'll post your thoughts about that pills.. thx
This is my university project )) Thank you for your post;)
Please post your comments
Good day to Everybody
some fresh links
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
http://pacodelucia.org/chat/chat/images/britney-spears/index.html
http://terebigemu.se/forum/images/ringtones/index.html
http://northwestacademy.net/forum/images/cialis/index.html
/////////////////////////////
britney spears
ringtones
cialis
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
cialis
ringtones
britney spears
--------------------------------------------------
p.s.
this would be interesting, if you'll post some more info about that pills.. thx
Thank you for your post;)
Post a Comment