Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This is me, at 4:48am

Recently I've been a little... um... preoccupied, to say the least.



My myopic view of life will soon change when the little dude, Jude, comes to visit us. Until then thoughts as listed below will monopolize my brain. I apologize for my self-centeredness. Soon it will shift.

Where's the cell phone?
How far apart are they?
Is this real labor?
Where's Addy?
Where's my mom?
Ooh, that hurts.
Where's my husband?
My feet are swollen.
I wonder what he looks like.
I don't want surgery.
I don't want drugs.
I
just
want
baby.

3 comments:

JO said...

I like that picture of you.

Anonymous said...

No drugs...you are one tough cookie, Steph!

Jude...such a cute name!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi Steph,

When I just looked at that photo of you I had an in-the-mirror experience because I had exactly the same pose (and damn-near same expression!) when I just pulled up your blog site (holy catfish!).
I have a poem:

Baby.

Baby.

Baby. Baby. Baby.

Go eat some meat.

For to make out of it...baby.

Chickens, once so cluckish...now, just...BABY! Once a cow, once a sow,
now,
just...BABY.

Make my,
BABY.
Eat a crow,
knead some dough. Eat it all... becomes,
well, you know...

JT
(loves!)