Friday, April 11, 2008

I need therapy

I need some piano therapy, I realized. It's been so long since I have played. I wasn't that talented, but I loved it and playing soothed me. I wrote to my old piano teacher recently. I asked her how to get it back.

I have a keyboard. Maybe I should touch it. I think it would help.

Ever since my Aunt Lynnda killed herself, I haven't been able to play. She and my love for the piano were so intertwined that I just can't bring myself to reclaim my lost passion.

How do we lose the desire to play music when it makes us so happy? How do we reclaim something so far gone?

2 comments:

Maureen said...

It's crazy how intertwined we were with her.... so much reminds me of her....

Anonymous said...

Steph, I think it is just like you said. It reminds you of her. Maybe it could remind you of good times with her for now? Then eventually just be the love of playing again? I thought you were great and I bet your kiddos would love to hear you play.