Our miserable day yesterday...
8:20a Hub calls collect, says, "The car broke down. Come get me please."
9:00 Pick up hub and take him to school.
9:30 Get home, take a shower, call the insurance company.
4:30p Pick up hub after school, raining.
5:01 Guy pulls out in front of us on a wet, busy road on our way to pick up daughter. We crash. Baby's in the car. No one hurt.
5:05 Exchange info, make sure baby's ok, look at damage, guy admits it was his fault, call the insurance company, again.
5:30 Pick up baby girl, feed baby boy in the car. Go to the grocery store, buy food.
6:45 Get home, call mom, ask her to please come help us.
8:00 Put baby girl to bed, thank God she wasn't in the car, kiss her cheeks, watch There Will Be Blood.
10p Put baby boy to bed, thank God he wasn't hurt, kiss his neck.
12a Fall asleep
Was this really just one day in our lives? Two cars broken, three meals, and one glass of wine each.
5 comments:
At least you were able to watch an uplifting movie, let all your cares fade away for a couple hours, and remember the goodness of our world.
Sorry about the terrible day...
Life certainly drank our milkshake.
I can't wait for my daughter to go to bed at 8! How about be thankful for that :)
I am sorry that your day sucked so bad. I love you. I promise to call you later.
Oh man!!! I'm sorry Steph! I guess this was what you wanted to tell me, huh? I'll make an effort to keep up here and keep abreast of your life...although this particular day was crap! That sux, but I'm glad you are ok.
Post a Comment