...but this time I mean it. I'm hanging up my blogging hat. Once and for all, I'm going to print out all the posts that are meaningful to me and then delete the whole thing.
Here are some of the reasons:
On Monday, I'll start accepting clients for a job that places me in their homes, lives, and circle of trust. I don't feel that I can be completely myself on this blog knowing that my clients might be able to look up my name on Google and read all about the intimate details of my life. I will self-disclose with them sometimes, and I will be myself, but there are just some things I share on my blog that I want my friends to know, but I wouldn't want them to know. And so, I close the shop down.
I'm just not into it anymore. I like reading other people's stuff, but I'm just not into the posting part anymore. I want to spend my time trying to journal reflectively and secretly, with some paper and a pen - a lost art that I'd like to rediscover.
My kids require a lot of my time, emotional energy, and physical presence. I think they deserve all of me.
It's been a good run. I've gotten a lot of cathartic use out of this abstract space. And I appreciate all the readers (all 4 of you).
4 comments:
I'll kinds of miss the lethal pen that irks...
...but keep up on Facebook periodically, okay? I'll miss not knowing what's going on in your world.
I'm very sad. I've enjoyed your blog. I have some friends whose blogs are subscription only, and you have to sign in to view them. Would you consider something like that?
Totally understand. It's been so great to reconnect with you! Glad we can still keep up on facebook. Good luck with your new job!
probably a good boundary to keep, Ms. Social Worker! But I will miss it, too. Especially the 3am epiphanies....K
Post a Comment