This is the day...
Today inspired me to renew my blog. Much like renewing my vows, it's a little silly and a lot like just straight up asking for gifts (comments) again. But you know what? That's what I need right now. I don't want to simply deposit a tiny nugget about my day, life, and interests in the tiny window provided on Fbook. I want a never-ending, expansive window, much like the kind I'm typing in right now. I want a place for my thoughts to swim around in the big pot of world-wide-web-i-ness. And so it begins again.
Let's go backwards through this lovely day:
-restart my blog in an effort to produce a diary that will be read much sooner than years after my death
-climb into bed (we have a bed frame now!)
-brush teeth, pee, glasses on, contacts out
-watch a couple Scrubs episodes (yes, we're still doing that, and often)
-eat Asian fusion food that magically appears at my door, complete with a "fortune" that reads, The social scene will be fun today. (?!)
-read On Beyond Zebra to my cuter-than-even-Ponyo kids
-attend yoga class that included such things as watching a cute lesbian couple holding hands as they leave class together, feeling like Frankenstein's monster at the beginning and Gumby by the end, and getting the feeling that I am not grateful enough for what I have, am, or know
-laugh much whilst listening to Sarah Silverman's audiobook in my car
-after hearing and advising a young pregnant woman, I suddenly know, truly know, that I am becoming a better listener
-poop at home (!), a huge accomplishment by any home-visiting-nurse-i-am-always-in-my-friggin-car-and-have-to-poop-in-public-bathrooms-all-the-friggin-time standards
-drink coffee (see above for results)
-wake up and try to once again wash out this "ethnic hair" preparation that I accidentally mistook for hair repair goop
"I don't even think to make corrections." - The National
1 comment:
welcome back! hooray for private poop!
Post a Comment