Thursday, September 25, 2003

I made a pillowcase today! I stayed home from school because I'm still feeling pretty icky and I decided to try out the new sewing machine my Mom got me. It fits the pillow, so that's good. I'm so excited because I have a job interview tomorrow with the Texas Dept. of Protective and Regulatory Services, usually just called Child Protective Services. I applied to be a secretary but they said they want me to interview for a Specialist position, which means I'd have a lot more contact with kids, their families, and the crisis call hotline. I really hope they want me. It would be nice to help kids live better lives and get paid for it. :)

Well, I official win the poopy friend award because I forgot my good friend Morgan's birthday. I know it's ok with her, because I talked to her, but I still feel, well, poopy. I did accidentally call her on her bday, so she says that it's better than not calling at all. :) Sorry, Morg! Love you!

Geoff and I are really enjoying Austin so far. God has led us to a cool church and we have a pretty sweet small group full of people our age that love Jesus that are real -- you know, that have made mistakes and understand what grace is about. We still miss Church Under the Bridge and Mission Waco a lot, but Waco, the city itself, just can't lure us back. This city, however, is full of peace-loving hippies like us. Woohoo. :)

So, think of me tomorrow morning; I'll have sweaty palms and a nervous laugh, no doubt, but hopefully I'll have something they want. Getting a job is so grown-up; I guess that's what I am now.

No comments: