Monday, March 22, 2004

Back to school... To prove to Dad that I'm not a fool...
So I sat through another physiology lecture this morning, but this time it was post-spring break and it was very hard to concentrate/listen/stay awake. I had to get up and pretend to go to the bathroom; walking around the building woke me up sufficiently. :) Now I'm eating a salami, turkey, and mustard tortilla wrap, raspberry yogurt, and a tall glass of milk. For me, my favorite part of being in school is meeting new people that I wouldn't otherwise meet. That's partially why I miss riding the bus -- I take the husb to work in the morning now and then drive to class. I don't have as many interesting stories about complete strangers like I did last semester. Anybody ever seen the Radiohead documentary called (I think) Meeting People is Easy? It makes me feel like I'm on drugs or about to go into an epileptic seizure. Good stuff.

On another subject, my brother recently was ashamed of a lie he told and it got me thinking of all the "big" lies I've told in my life. Anyone got a big lie they'd like to confess? I'll go first. I once quoted an article that didn't even exist in the middle of my Sociology class about Tommy Hillfigger or Ralph Lauren or someone to make a point about racism. I just made it up completely! I felt really bad after that because I was giving a company a bad name for no reason, well, for a reason but I had no basis for using them to make my point. Isn't that horrible? Lies can really eat away at you.

No comments: