Sunday, March 21, 2004

woke up from a strange rain; it was dreaming outside

I've had some interesting dreams...
Two nights ago, I dreamt that I owned my own daycare in Florida near the beach. Everything was fine until all the sea creatures started invading my house and the kids were all freaking out. There were sea anemones, jellyfish, blowfish, crabs, lobsters, and poisonous snakes. Then the kids started playing with the creatures as if it were nothing -- I was going insane. I called into the other room for my fellow daycare worker, "Miiiike!!" He came in and I saw that it was Alan Thicke, the dude (dad) from Growing Pains. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so used to thinking of you as Mike. I'll call you Alan from now on." How strange is it that I corrected myself in my own dream? I made the distinction between the real man and the one he played on TV. I woke up laughing.

So last night I woke up crying because I had a dream that I had cancer. They had to cut a section of my back off and the nurse who was operating on me (I don't know why it wasn't a doctor) almost punctured my lung and started screaming, "Oh God, Oh God, what do I do?" to all the other people in the room. Of course, I was disturbed by this as your healthcare professional is not supposed to SCREAM when they make a mistake! I made a different nurse operate on me and she was much better. They were wheeling me through the hall when I overheard the doctor talking about me in another room and he said, "6 weeks, tops." I lost it. I woke up hugging Geoff and crying. Then I realized that my back really hurt so I don't know which came first, the back pain or the dream with sympathy back pain?

No comments: