Tuesday, July 13, 2004

No TV

So here's the deal... I've been wanting to watch a lot less TV for quite a while, but I never could get around to actually giving it away, selling it, or just plain avoiding it. Well, moving took care of that for me! The boob tube was dropped a few times and definitely out of commission so we just gave it away with a bunch of other crap that we didn't need. It's very freeing, let me tell you. I don't think about it anymore. I don't wonder, Hmmm, what's on tonight? Oh and I'm not noble for doing this either -- this was forced upon me because the freaking thing had to break for me to say to myself, Self, it's ok to give the TV away now. What's up with that? Strange what we say to ourselves, what we tell ourselves we need or even want. The only thing I miss is playing Dr. Mario on N64, which is easily remedied by playing old school Arkanoid on the computer. We've been listening to NPR a lot for our news and that's been a nice change too. TV, SCHMEE-vee.

Next time on Steph's blog...
***hear about the patient she met today that rode bulls for 32 years and sustained a grotesque jawline injury caused by the bull's feet landing on the man's jaw!***

and...
***read about a young man's complications from NINE gun shot wounds***

No comments: