Phew. We survived the move and finally have internet access. :) Today is my first day at the hospital; just orientation -- don't worry, I won't be performing any procedures just yet. I'm a little excited, a little nervous, a little of everything. My birthday party was rockin' and I am now officially in my "mid-20s."
I heard a really great program on NPR the other day -- it was from Satish Kumar (? I can't remember his last name?), one of the world's leaders in non-violence. His words made me so happy and hopeful. I especially loved what he said about Christianity. He said that we should move away from "churchianity," which he defined as basing our beliefs, ideas, words, actions on what the organized churches say, and move toward Christianity, which he defined (and I do as well) as basing our beliefs, ideas, words, actions on Jesus Christ's life -- acting out love, forgiveness, and grace. And he was not a Christian, or at least that was the impression I got by the way he was speaking of Christians as "they." Sometimes an outside perspective on my religion helps me grow more than an insider's point of view. Some great words that he inspired me with...
sustainability
security arises from love, insecurity arises from fear
a non-violent army of volunteers
action, not reaction
No comments:
Post a Comment