Wednesday, February 22, 2006

class is cancelled...

This is stupendous. Today and yesterday my professors have cancelled class, allowing me to stay home with my family all evening -- very cool. I was thinking, I used to write a freakin novel every time I logged on and now it's just short little snippets here and there buffered with pictures when I have a couple minutes. I mean, I still have a lot to say; I just don't have time to write it all down. Not to mention that I'm trying to keep up with writing in a journal (the old-fashioned paper kind) and that's not going so well either. Do you ever look at your life and realize that you're that person, the one who doesn't return phone calls or letters. Ick. I want to be a more involved friend -- it keeps me sane to have real conversations with adults. It's amazing how quickly you can isolate yourself from the outside world. School doesn't allow me to become a complete hermit and church can bring me out of my shell (I never had a shell before). And there are still some good friends that haven't given up on me or are in the same boat. I dunno. Just wish I could hurry up and be a nurse and feel like I'm contributing to the field I've spent so much time studying. It's coming up in August. Maybe then I'll have a venue for these "I-love-my-daughter-and-wouldn't-trade-this-time-with-her-for-anything-but-I-would-like-to-help-other-people-and-get-paid-for-it" feelings. I'm thankful that I can go to school. I'm thankful that my whole family has plenty to eat. I'm super thankful that I can stay home with Adeline and watch her grow up before my very eyes.

I'm thankful for no class tonight.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

we need to hang out. i'm struggling with some of the same "inert" feelings: I like this theological study (well, sometimes) but lets get on with it! i'm ready to contribute! thanks for being my friend

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and your day off! You are one of my favorite people, no matter how often and how much I get to see you (although I would always love to see you more!).

Brent said...

I've become the person who doesn't write thank-you notes. I loathe being that person.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have such a strong sense of family values. It will help keep our nation strong in this our time of crisis against the axis of evil (and the ever encroaching huns).