Some thoughts at 3:06 am...
Thinking about adopting a baby/kid from the Philippines, but wondering if I should since I had to look up the spelling of Philippines.
I have a lot to do for school and yet all I can seem to get done is blogging, surfing the net on adoptions, and emailing long lost buds.
Adeline is the light of my life.
I don't think the Bible is inerrant. Am I going to Hell for saying that? I hope not.
Seriously, I'm really glad I got my tattoo (it says, "Love one another") because it's pretty much the basis for all that I believe. And I feel like I didn't truly understand the extent to which that statement would affect my life when I was getting it permanently etched into my flesh, but still glad I did it.
I'm in love with taking care of kids in the hospital. That's right, I said the hospital. Can you believe it? I think I might work there for a couple of years.
God loves us. Why?
I hate money and yet I'm excited that I'll be making it in a couple of months. What's up with that?
Kendra is truly an excellent carer.
My boyfriend from high school once took me to get a milkshake and then broke up with me. Sometimes I think about poignant moments like that. Why?
I have to wear these burnt orange scrubs with little white longhorn emblems on them when I'm at nursing clinicals. It's kind of embarrassing. Well, especially when you're out of the context of the hospital, such as, drinking coffee at Dolce Vida. Then I feel really out of place. but they do have a lot of pockets. That's nice.
I shouldn't drink coffee at 10 pm.
Adios.
I miss my friends that haven't left Austin yet and I really miss the ones that have.
Thanks for reading.
Good night.
13 comments:
I don't think most people understand "inerrancy" and/or "infallibility." You won't go to hell for your lack of trust in those doctrines, but it'll affect your abundant life in more ways than you know. That's for sure.
There's a lot to be said, though, for a relationship with Christ...which, when you think about it, most believers throughout history did just fine with WITHOUT a completed canon of Scripture and certainly without ones so readily available.
Oh yeah, and I can't tell you how glad I am that you're back. I really like your writing & perspectives.
yeah, thanks for coming back. you hell-bound sinner.
and i think you should drink coffee at 10 pm more often.
"It may not be hell, but you're going to be around some bad dudes."
definately hell-bound. Let's hold hands on the way down...
you're in good company in more ways than one. next time you're up for dolce vida, give me a call. i adore spending time with you and wish we did it more often (you are one of my favorite people). oh- and i was absolutely flattered to have my butt grabbed by such a hot chick last night at the parish! thanks, baby! ;)
hey Stephie! your brother wants to chat with you! call me :D
As far as the bible's infallibility, what problems with it do you have? when I see a something that conflicts, I read everything on that subject, old and new testament, giving me perspective on the subject, and so far, every single time, it clears up the conflict so that i see it was my initial assumption of what i thought the verse meant rather than the scripture being flawed.
another thing to watch out for is that when you say the bible is in error and not you, you may as well stop beliving it everything in it. If it is inacurate at all, all the history all the happennings, they all are just some dude writing in a book. the Word specifically states that it is God's actual words written by his inspired servants, and that it is good for reproof.
let me know whatcha think! go and look up all the verses everywhere in the bible about the subject, and it'll give you perspective on the subject. (It also helps to have several translations and a strong's concordance to know what words mean what in the greek n hebrew)
oh yea i forgot to mention, there is one error that i know of that doesnt line up in the bible, and i have no clue why they continue to leave it in when they print them,
1 john 5:7-8 It seems that some moron decided he would add to the bible to "prove the doctrine of the trinity" and every bible before about 1600 AD has any of the words in these verses between "in heaven" to "on earth"
who grabbed who's butt now?
that's right. just put everything aside right now so you can learn greek and hebrew and read every verse in the bible as it corresponds to every other verse in the bible...then you'll have it all neatly figured out. it's really quite simple.
be nice to my brother.
miss you! glad you're back!
I am glad u are back too! I always think it is cool when you see a nurse outside of work wearing her scrubs! It's like.......WOW there is a real life nurse!
Post a Comment