Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sum sum summertime

As of late, my blog attendance leaves much to be desired. Man, I really tried not to use a 'to be' verb in that sentence but I couldn't avoid it. I remember my high school English teacher (for Joanna: the psycho religious one, not the cool bohemian one) telling us in her shrill voice, "No 'am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been' this time!" as we typed our papers in the computer lab. Phew. She talked about the Bible a little bit too much during class. Not cool in the public high school setting.

I once wrote a paper for her about the 1920's called "Long Dresses, Long Tresses -- Where Did They Go?"

I digress.

So it's sum sum summertime. I'm stoked. My hubby finished up his school year by floating the river. Sun-kissed. My daughter rang in the summer season by taking SEVEN unaided steps today. Awesome. I drank two Corona's with some not-so-ripe-yet-still-delicious-and-tangy lemon wedges from our lemon tree in the front yard. Excellent. Our live-in J.D., Kelly, has many job possibilities awaiting her. Sweetness. To quote Moulin Rouge, "Everything's going so well!"

On another note, yesterday I treated my spousal unit like crap because I was having a crappy day. He didn't deserve it. Man, I can be quite the jackass sometimes. There's nothing like days that remind you that you are not perfect or even close to it. It's humbling and I believe necessary, though painful. I suck. And then you dust yourself off and try again. A good night's sleep and a healthy dose of forgiveness from the one you love can really do wonders for your self-esteem.

I wish I were a guinea pig sometimes.

Good night moon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why a guinea pig?

Kendra said...

amelia has a guinea pig named Caramello. You can bond with him smome time.

Adam said...

You are not alone.

From one jackass to another (wait, that doesn't sound very nice...).

Michelle said...

Ditto to what Halcyon morning said. Sometimes I say things and then I think, that horrible and mean statement came out of my mouth!

Nothing like marriage to humble you. A lot.

Michelle

PS Love your blogs.