Sunday, April 29, 2007

On becoming...

Last night I was reminded how much my station as a mother and a pediatric nurse affects my life, my becoming, my being.

I hit my hand (hard) on the dryer and instead of my usual explative of choice, I looked at it and said "boo boo" and proceeded to kiss my own hand. Nobody else was around. Wow.


I'm back, peeps.

Oh, and by the way... I'm pregnant again. Due November 30th. Bring it on.

14 comments:

Brent said...

Steph, that news made my day! Really! Congratulations...

...and welcome back!

Amy said...

Congrats! I love seeing pics of your sweet babe and reminiscing about the Mound...I know it's been years, but I think of the old days every time I visit blogs of old friends.

Can't wait to meet the new child via the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

just make sure you match the durbins' impressive array of photos when the new one comes, okay? this is a great way to pit married couples against each other, as well as their newborns . . . deal?

gk said...

YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?!?!

gk said...

(p.s. that joke never gets old.)

JO said...

I think you should have your friends/family vote on the baby's name. I need to come visit. And you need to put a link to my blog. Love you

Adam said...

Cograts SK. Truly wonderful news.

I'll be praying for you to give birth to a Steelers fan.

Laura said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you Steph! Are you ready for 2? Hehe!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am super excited. Just make sure the new baby is as cute as Addy or else we won't love it as much. (Kidding, only kidding. A) Your kids can't be anything but cute- they can't help it. B) Ugly kids need love too.)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! Call me!!

Caroline said...

That is so cute you kissed your own boo boo. I am so happy you are pregnant again. Pregnancy sucks.....having kids is fun.

Brooke said...

I'm incredibly late in leaving a comment here... meant to do it a long time ago... but congrats!! We're so happy for you guys :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Kissing the own boo boo...too cute. I guess you are just so used to it! I see the headline now, "Nurse/Mother, Stephanie, fixes own boo boo in a never before seen mother/nurse manuever". =)

Maureen said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!!!! I am, so jealous!! I have been obsessing about being pregnant for months, but know it just isn't a good time financially/career wise.... I am sosooo happy for you three!!

p.s. I have decided that I want to be a midwife....