Sunday, July 08, 2007

Things I Love About Being a Nurse and Things I Hate About Being a Nurse

Love:
sick kids, starting IVs, teaching parents, speaking Spanish, warm washcloths, Tylenol, smiling, crying, and laughing with my fellow nurses and doctors that care

Hate:
sick kids, poking kids, ignorant parents, not knowing enough Spanish, endless fever remedies, frustration, crying, and working with doctors that don't care

Three 12-hour shifts in a row, here I come...

4 comments:

Brent said...

I cannot tell you how much it scares me that a doctor would NOT care about my health.

Anna said...

wow. sounds nuts! it was so weird visiting kendra and not being able to stop by and say hey to you... i am so excited that you are having another kid!! Addy is so adorable!!! (do ou spell her name with a y or ie?) luv you!! xoxo anna

Anonymous said...

Steph I was watching "Just like Heaven" (Reese Witherspoon is the overworked nurse but she loves it in a way) and it made me think of you. They are lucky to have a great nurse like you and we need more caring Stephies in the world. Hang in there!

JO said...

Happy Birthday. I love you.