I think that's enough air time for my big belly.
Just wanted to update those of you who care about my public health project. I'm almost done with my MSN in Public Health -- I graduate in May! This semester I am implementing the program I planned last semester. It's an HIV/AIDS Stigma and Discrimination training for providers in the area that offer services to PLWHA (people living with HIV or AIDS). I found this excellent toolkit that guides us through the process of discussing and thinking about stigma associated with the disease. I'm super pumped about it because the program got funded and it will begin in October! I'm a little nervous as each class will have about 20 people, but since I'm basically just facilitating discussion and not necessarily "teaching," per say, I think it'll go well. I hope to also hold trainings for community members at large and the city planning council.
Who knew that a short trip to Haiti almost 10 years ago would shape my career choice, educational pursuits, and passions in such a way?
4 comments:
It was a good trip. And yes, it was good to see your heart "explode" there.
I didn't know it...but I'm glad you went. And it was cool to see from my perspective.
I'm excited for you Steph Krall, almost MSN. I hope you continue to have a hand in AIDS work and talking to people about their discrimination...I think that's GOSPEL work!
Can you teach me how to do this "grad school" thing? 'Cuz right now it's kicking my behind, ayudame amiga!
Post a Comment